Books For Christian Men

Way too many Christian men aren’t regularly reading books. These non-readers are doomed to repeating ambiguous and erroneous statements that sound factual, gleaned from listening to publicity hounds on the radio, dissembled as conservative talk show host. These Dave Letterman wannabees think nothing of cloaking their personal opinions as facts and creating a carnage with the minds of men who seldom open-up a book.

According to a 2002 report from the National Endowment of Arts News Room, slightly more than one-third of adult males report they carcked open a book on literature in the past year. "The most popular books novels and short stories, were read by 45 percent or 93 million adults in the previous year".(NEA)

Important Topics For Christian Guys To Stay Informed

We went beyond the usual information gathering process. We took extra time grouping and reviewing the titles selected for this collection of must-read books for guys who like to spend a little time with a good read.

Christian elders, deacons, small group leaders and Sunday School teachers who enjoy reading contemporary religious thought need to find room on their bookshelves for selections about important topics other than spirituality. A treaties on politics or business can connect with and challenge a mind too.

You’ll notice that our selection of good books for Christian men are not just mysteries and novels warmed over from the best sellers list. We recognize the importantance of owning reference books, how-to's and other books that can be consulted for new ideas, information gathering and checking facts.

Resource Books 4 Christian Men

Every guy should have an updated dictionary, Thesaurus and a Bible concordance to study and give questionable use of Bible scriptures a once over.

King James Version Standard Lesson Commentary

To obtain the proper spiritual nourishment having a good commentary will illuminate the good news for every Christian.

Strong's Bible Concordance

The best way to Zero-in on biblical topics is by using a concordance of the Bible that includes the original Hebrew and Greek words.

Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Thesaurus

A thesaurus will help him find just the right words to say for his letters or novel.

The New Oxford American Dictionary

The English language is fluid and requires purchasing an updated dictionary every 2 or 3 years.

There is much too much, bad information circulating that it is beginning to blur the line between fact and fiction. With only about 30 percent of males regularly engaging in reading literature. The remaining 70 percent have become easy prey for infotainment propaganda, masquerading as factual news.

Truth Or Lie

Here are a couple of facts that illustrate how poor reading skills and the prevalent the habit of misleading the minds of American men who don’t read books has become. We can’t let these poor guys lose their ability to distinguish between the truth and a lie.

Can you believe that "Only 23 percent of young people who finished college could find Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran and Israel, on a map.

According to " Building a Nation of Know-Nothings, by New York Times blogger Timothy Egan, 46 percent of Republicans still believe that Obama is a Muslim. They obviously haven’t bothered to skim the facts from any of the autobiography’s written by President Obama. Instead they have become conned into relying on popular right wing talk show host who twist facts instead of providing listener with accurate information.

The author also adds that about half of the Republicans believe that the big bailout of banks and insurance companies under TARP was enacted by Obama, and not by President Bush."

In your quest to find good books for Christian men make sure there are a couple of a books somewhere in their personal library that accurately shed the light on current national and international affairs.

Important Topics For Christian Men

The Top Non-fiction For Men

Our list of top books for Christian men to read fall into several categories. Those that entertain them, enlighten them and empower them.

Books 4 African American Christian Men

More Cool Stuff For African American Christians To Read

Contemporary Books The Religious Right Should Read

  • One Illness Away:Why People Become Poor and How They Escape Poverty
  • Johnny's Jukebox Trivia: 1,001 Fantastic Questions from the Golden Age of Rock and Roll
  • The Healing of America: A Global Quest for Better, Cheaper, and
    Fairer Health Care
  • Women Food and God: An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything
    • Christians Men's Health

      Christian Men's Health

      Devotionals For Guys

      Your Best Life Begins Each Morning: Devotions to Start Every New Day of the Year(Faithwords)

      Top Devotionals

      Divorced Christian Men

      Books on Divorce For Black Christian Men Divorced Christian Men

      Reading Suggestions For Teenage Christian Males

      Books For Male Christian Teens